Monday, November 10, 2008

Ava's Birthday Party

Ava will be turning 5 years old in a few weeks. However, given that I am about to pop another kid out here in a week, I did not think hosting a birthday party two weeks later would be something I would be up for. So, we decided to have it early.
A few months ago, a new cupcake shop opened up in Houston called Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique. Daniel happened by there one afternoon and brought home the most delicious cupcakes ever and was raving about how precious the shop is. He then mentioned that they do birthday parties where kids can decorate cupcakes. After taking a peek at their website, we knew it would be the perfect place to have Ava's next party.
I mean, does this get any more precious?
Ava was on board just with the simple notion of cupcakes being involved. She wanted to know what needed to happen in order to have her party there. All Daniel told her was that he would call a guy about making it happen. So, for the next three months, she would tell people, "My daddy is just going to call a guy about my cupcake party." in that "yes, I am better than you" tone of voice. Nooooo, we are not spoiling these girls whatsoever...
The party was all set to go. I went on a search for the perfect party favor, as I am not satisfied with loading a bunch of plastic bags up with candy and junk that will be stuck in mine and my friends' vacuums for months. Well, not Tricia's at least. I ended up finding plain aprons from this wholesale store online that was perfect. I bought the cutest cupcake iron-on appliques that I found at Michael's to add to the aprons. All of the kids looked amazing dressed up in them.
(Ava with Tricia's girls, Jill and Emmi)

(Ava with her friend, Savannah)

The kids spent their time turning these plain cupcakes...

...into delicious works of art like this...

(cupcake by William)

...and this?

(cupcake by Jill)

Each child got to decorate a cupcake to eat and one to take home. Or in Leila's case, two to eat and none to take home causing her to cry on Sunday when she had no cupcake to eat while her sisters enjoyed theirs.

And no children's party is complete without the swarming of the birthday girl by her friends as she attempts to open presents before her air supply runs out.


Overall, it was a wonderful party that I think the kids really, really enjoyed. I also liked having it weeks ahead of Ava's actual birthday. It softened the blow of her turning 5 years old. Where has the time gone?

8 comments:

  1. Sheri, I think this is the most precious party ever! How adorable is that shop? I will have to pay them a visit soon.

    I can't believe Ava is turning 5 already. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is so neat!!! I can't believe she's going to be 5. And Leila looks so big:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a party...how fun! I cannot believe she is going to be 5!!!! Great pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute place! Looks like a lot of fun!! Can't believe she is 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me want a cupcake party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to tell you that Emmi was licking the cupcake on her apron on the drive home. That's right. Licking it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh oooooh, will do MY next birthday!

    I want an apron and a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.