Wednesday, August 29, 2007

How long until her birthday?

What is it with three years old that makes your child suddenly turn from an angel looking to please you any chance she can to a sassy know-it-all overnight that has to make sure you know they know it all every second of the day?

I swear, no one ever prepared me for three years old. You always here about the Terrible Two's but nothing, I repeat NOTHING, about three. I promise you though, ask any mom that has a three year old, and they will tell you the same thing. Their child must have been abducted on their birthday because there is no way they created something like that.

Why is it such a big secret though? Are people afraid the childless people of the world will never have children if they knew it gets worse after two? With all the hype that two has, I doubt anyone would believe it could get worse, right.

Well, I think my new mission for a little while will be to spread the word about three. Now, I won't be an alarmist. There is no reason to incite panic for something that is inevitable. I simply mean to inform the public of the frustration three holds, and that they will not be alone. There is no reason to keep the fact that your child may have been abducted a secret because there will be every other parent of a three year old right there to claim the same thing.

Oh, can you tell it has been a rough week ? Let's just say that bedtime could not come fast enough in this house lately.

5 comments:

  1. LOL Sheri! So true...we should share our knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone talks about how hard babies are. Ha! Give me a room full of infants, and I can handle it. Give me one three-year-old, and I will be pulling my hair out in 2.5 seconds. Four was good. Look forward to four. But then five comes.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget about the independent stage, too. Three becomes the very sassy "I CAN DO IT MYSELF" stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lelia, thankfully we have not had that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Age 3 was hell. Sorry nobody warned you :) Age 2 was beautiful. Age 4 ... let's just say I've been told it gets worse with the attitude and "independence." Thank goodness they're cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.