I am so happy that we are getting some relief from the oppressing heat and humidity we endure here in the Gulf region of Texas. It is rough when you can hardly let the kids outside to play for months on end. I mean, it is a sad thing when you are cheering for temps in the low 90's.
Anyway, I am thrilled to be able to take the girls on an evening walk everyday. We have been going up and down the streets of our new neighborhood. I have not met many of our neighbors since we have moved being that no one wants to venture outdoors longer than the time it takes to walk to or from their car. Now, I seem to be seeing many people outside tending to their yards or chasing kids around. I have met a few moms with two daughters that are similar ages as Ava and Leila. One in particular, I see every evening walking with her girls, and we always stop to chat for a minute. I still have not met any one I would call a friend as of yet, but it is nice to just meet new people.
The other great thing about our walks is that I am lugging 50+lbs of kids and wagon behind me. Let me tell you what a great workout that is. In the week that we have been going out, I have noticed a huge difference in my shape. I really haven't had the opportunity to work out well since moving and giving up access to a gym and remember the heat. So, this is great for me. I love the feeling that a good work out gives me. That and the body change is such a huge motivation to keep getting out there every evening. Not to mention that the girls LOVE riding in the wagon and look forward to it as soon as dinner is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.