Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday, Ava!

Five years ago today at 1:16pm my life completely changed when Ava Grace arrived into this world. I can't believe how quickly these years have flown by and how quickly she has grown. I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming.

Here is a little bit about who she is right now:
  • She is 42.5" and 36lbs.
  • She is obsessed with writing, but she often cheats and writes squiggly lines when she has a lot to say.
  • She can count to 100.
  • She loves her daily chores that include making her bed and feeding our cat.
  • She is learning to tie her shoes the right way-- not the odd way she has figured out to make her laces look like they are tied in a bow. I just can't figure out how she does it.
  • Her favorite thing to wear would be skirts. Almost every ensemble to comes downstairs proudly wearing includes a skirt of some kind.
  • She is obsessed with pierced ears ever since she bailed on her first attempt at getting them pierced. She keeps saying that she wants them soon, especially now that she is five. We will see how long soon takes.
  • She is sooo proud to now be a "big-big-sister" to Violet because Leila is only a big-sister and she is bigger than Leila.
  • She makes up the funniest songs to well known tunes just like her daddy.
  • Now that she is five years old, she is now old enough for school. It has been hard explaining to her that school won't start until next August.
  • She is very black and white with rules now and insists that Leila is always breaking some rule that we never knew existed.
  • She is still one of the kindest hearted little girls I have ever known.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GIRL!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, AVA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!
    I remember meeting her at our little SkyDancer reunion.. she had to of been just born I think. I can't believe that was 5 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ava, we suck. We meant to call you on your actual birthday and sing to you, but I have the worst memory ever.

    Sheri..pass the message on. Leave out the words like "suck."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 5th Birthday, Ava!!
    Love, Jenna :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.