The tooth fairy ended up bringing $5 in quarters this time since she was slightly unprepared for it to come out that day and couldn't get the gold coins that she had planned to leave.
Ava left the tooth in a glass of water again and awoke to find the water yellow meaning the tooth fairy was wearing a yellow dress when she dove in for the tooth. Ava is now requesting the tooth fairy wear a purple dress. Yeah, I haven't quite figured out how to make the water a nice purple color, so that is why I hadn't left it that color yet. If anyone can clue me in on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Here is her new smile.






Couple of ideas: Make purple with red and blue food coloring or get purple food coloring from a cake making supply store; Maybe just wet a brush with purple watercolor paint and then swish the brush in the glass of water; or, maybe a drop or two of grape juice dropped in the glass of water would result in a pretty pale purple. I think the idea of the color from the fairy's dress is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the ideas! I have tried the red and blue food coloring, but it looked like a muddled brown color. I didn't think to try watercolors. I have plenty of that on hand.
ReplyDeleteI have purple icing coloring. I just tested it out for you, 'cause I am a good friend like that. Either that or curiosity always gets the better of me, and I had nothing better to do. Worked great! It is Wilton brand, will cost you a whole buck fifty seven from Hobby Lobby. Get the violet color. It comes out a nice shade. The other purple I have wasn't as bright in the water. It takes VERY little of the dye, as it is super concetrated.
ReplyDeleteFYI To mix colors, you actually need to use Cyan not regular blue. That is why you are getting brown. That is about all I managed to learn from my fancy architecture education.
ReplyDeleteLOL- so you mean my efforts to be a complete cheapskate and not buy anything to do this isn't working? UGH!
ReplyDeleteI love your idea of the fairy diving into the water and tinting the water with her dress. That is so sweet! You better start keeping some gold coins on hand!
ReplyDelete