Friday, December 14, 2007

Santa's Monster Truck?

So, I was up late chatting with some friends online and then got sucked into watching Sid and Nancy on IFC until close to 1:30am. Daniel still was not home, so I just decided to hit the sack alone.

I was asleep all of 10mins when my cell started ringing. It was Daniel asking if I was still up. I groaned that I was just falling asleep. He tells me he is on his way home, and I would want to be up to see him pull in. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I know he is serious when he says things like this. He tells me he will be home in 15mins, so to get up and be outside by then.

So, I drag my butt out of bed, get dressed, and went to wait at the door. I was waiting and waiting with all kinds of thoughts running through my head as to what this could possibly be. I was hoping he was surprising me with a new car, but I knew that would be impossible. One can only hope, right?

Anyway, so a few minutes go by and I hear MONSTER truck sounds coming from the main neighborhood street right behind ours. I was thinking WTH is someone doing driving like that at nearly 2am in a residential area. All of a sudden, Daniel comes whipping around the bend on our street with this monster truck following close behind. All I can think is WTH has he been up to, and who the hell are these people following him.

Daniel pulls into the driveway, and the truck backs in behind him. These strange guys jump out and open the truck bed and start pulling out this giant box. I have NO IDEA what is in the box until they sit it upright. It was Ava's Barbie Jammin' Jeep!

Apparently, Daniel had a phenomenal night at work and decided to pick up the car from Walmart on his way home. He bought it and took it out to the car only to discover there was no possible way to get it in the back of our Mazda3. He sees this giant truck parked near him and starts asking around for who it belongs to. He finds these young guys and offers to pay them $25 to bring it home for him. They agreed--obviously!

Now, we have this giant box on our garage floor with the paint drop cloth barely covering it. Of course, Ava immediately noticed it this morning and asked what that was. I told her it is a moving box that we covered up because we are painting the garage soon. Please pray she doesn't try to uncover it within the next week.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great story! I am sure Ava will LOVE her surprise!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.