Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Second OB appointment


We have a heartbeat! I am so thrilled things are going smoothly with this little baby. I had my second appointment with the OB today to check for the heartbeat. We found it right away on the ultrasound. The girls were both so thrilled to see the baby again, and they were even more thrilled that it is actually beginning to look like a baby.
My dr is so wonderful. She printed out a copy of the picture for both Ava and Leila to bring home. I can not tell you how excited they are to have their own picture of the baby. Leila actually demanded to nap with it after I had taken it away from her when I was putting her down. It was too sweet.
The dr also asked us if we wanted to do the blood test for down's syndrome and spina bifida. We declined it. We know that we would never terminate the pregnancy despite the test results, so there was really no reason to take it. Plus, the chances of it happening are so low considering my age. Why put ourselves through any of that?
Anyway, everything is looking fantastic. I took a moment to reflect today given that it is the last day that Leila will be a year old. This time two years ago, I was so pregnant and bloated waiting to have our c-section and meet our precious little girl. Now, I am at the beginning of another journey in parenthood. It is amazing to see how quickly they grow.

3 comments:

  1. Can you tell if it is a boy yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!! so happy for you :)

    xoxo
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! SO much fun! We declined that test as well. I just loved getting sonos ... how sweet that the dr. is including your daughters!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.