Monday, June 2, 2008

The Big Show!

Well, I am just getting around to posting this from last weekend. I was too lazy all week to move to the other computer to upload the picture and video.

Anyway, the performance went so well for Ava. Instead of it being on stage at her studio, it was at the big high school preforming arts center down the road. Again, her class did the best for her age group. Not to be a proud mama or anything. I mainly attribute it to her teacher being so good, and she does jazz and not tap. I am sorry, but three and four years clacking away without any kind of rhythm drives me crazy. I am so proud of her, though.

I spent the entire show in backstage helping with her class, but I was able to watch her from the stage wings. I am really glad I did that, too, because I would have hated to run back and worth to do her costume changes. Anything to make it easier on me, right.

So, I don't have any pics of the her preforming because you could not use a flash in the auditorium during the show. They only allowed it for the trophy ceremony. Yes, they all got trophies, and they all deserved them. We did get video of her dances. The ballet one is pretty shaky. Daniel was in charge of that. Let's just say that after a night of working and getting up very early for her recital, it took a few Red Bull to give him wings and apparently the shakes.

Here is the video of her dances!

Ballet- "The Work Song" from Cinderella

A repeat of her Jazz dance- "Let's Twist Again" by Chubby Checker

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable! She obviously inherited your dancer gene. :)

    Was the rehearsal at Seven Lakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged ... see my blog! Ava is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a cutie! And she looks a lot like you! Oh, I tagged you on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.