Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm easy to please

It has been days since we have really had a hot meal. We stocked up on non-perishable food items with the hurricane coming. We didn't lose power, but it wasn't like we could just hit Kroger and real food.

Since the hurricane hit, I have had MAJOR cravings for pizza. Ask Tricia. I had to make her stop talking about food the other day when she mentioned what she ate or saw open on her way back to Houston. Anyway, every pizza place was closed since they didn't have power and most likely water.

So, I have been stuffing my face with anything I found unhealthy like Oatmeal Cream Pies, Pop Tarts, and Goldfish crackers. I am so burned out on all that junk now. I don't think I can look at it without feeling sick.

Daniel's restaurant opened for business last night. So, he enthusiastically went in to work since we definitely need the money with all that is going on here. I begged him before leaving to bring me home a steak and some mashed potatoes. He said it shouldn't be a problem. So, all night I drooled over the thought of enjoying yummy prime aged beef and fresh potatoes.

Well, he calls me on the way home to say that they were too busy for him to order me any food before they shut the kitchen down to make the city-wide curfew. So, he had to order me a pizza instead. I swear, you could hear me cheering across town with the news that we had a steaming hot order from Domino's on its way over to my house.

I think I ate four slices in less than five minutes. It was sooo delicious. Oh man! Satisfaction during a natural disaster is easy to come by in this house.

5 comments:

  1. I think I ate entire pizzas by myself when I was pregnant. Hmm....maybe that's why I gained 70 pounds! I'm glad to hear that you guys are all safe from that hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Glad you got your pizza:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...pizza. I tried unsuccessfully today to find a Pei Wei open. I swear if I see another chip, beef jerky, or chex mix bar I will barf. I would kill for chinese food of any sort right now. Stupid hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call "a little slice of heaven"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what! Pei Wei finally opened up yesterday!!! Mmmmm.... I ate lots of yummy food.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.