Monday, May 4, 2009

Violet at 6mths

Oh man, we are at the half way point in Violet's first year. It feels like I was just pregnant with her. It feels better knowing that I have officially gotten back to my pre-pregnancy size. I slipped on my favorite jeans a couple weeks ago just in time for the weather to heat up here in our lovely neck of the woods. BLAH! Enough about me, though. On to my beautiful baby girl.

Violet has suddenly become an interactive baby. She plays and plays and plays. Anything within her grasp is fair game as her poor sisters are learning the hard way. She is officially on the move with rolling. I set her down long enough to blink when suddenly she is half way across the room trying to get her hands and/or mouth on something she shouldn't have. Oh, I was not planning on having to baby proof this house when we moved. I am quickly realizing how unfriendly it is to young children that have no concept of valuable objects... oh, and danger, too.

Violet also began sitting up just this past week. We were at playgroup where a friend of mine was asking me if she was sitting yet since her daughter, who is 9 days younger than Violet, had really gotten it down but has no interest in rolling. I had just told her how she was much more interested in rolling over and not sitting when I propped her up only to find that she had figured it out after from what I can only assume was her daughter's perfect example of how to do it. So, she is now either demanding to sit upright or roll around the house. Either way, I am having to keep a close eye on her.

Teething is really hitting her hard, especially compared to how easy her sisters had when they teethed. The teething tablets have been miraculous for the most part. Thankfully, babies can not overdose on them as explained to me by a friend who's friend's baby (did you get that) managed to open a bottle and eat them up one day. Poison control reassured her that he would be perfectly fine. Whew...good to know on our end since they are like candy lately. I am hoping this little tooth makes it way out soon. I just can't stand to see her in pain. My poor girl.

We are just so enjoying her personality, and boy does she have one. She seems much more social and needing to be in the mix with everyone compared to her sisters. She demands we listen whenever she is talking. She also just LOVES to be the center of a good tickle fight. She makes the best belly laughs. Everyone still comments on how deep her voice is just as they all did with Ava and Leila. It's our girls' trademark, I suppose. I love it just the same.

Well, here is our little Violet Anne at 24 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! What a beautiful little lady she will become. I can not believe time goes so fast. We should get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how much the little one just fits right into your family...so happy to be involved and among the chaos:) She is beautiful! Happy 6 months, Violet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six months! It can't be! You were just preggers yesterday...

    I can't wait until she is talking. I just know that girl has something she is trying to say! And, at this rate, she is going to be talking tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.