Every now and then Daniel does something that has me just shaking my head and laughing to myself. This happened the other day when I went to the mail box to find a small package in the mail addressed to Madison but not from anyone we know. It is rare that we would ever have anything come in the mail for her here since we are not her primary residence. I began examining the package, frisking it like a cop placing someone under arrest, trying to figure out what it was. It felt like a DVD but there was only one that I had been expecting for months, and it had nothing to do with Madison.
I opened it up and saw that my guess was right, of course. After all, I am the one that is responsible for managing ALL the craziness of our day to day lives like playgroups, dance classes, doctor's appointments, birthdays, etc., etc., etc... If Daniel had to remember all of these things, I think I would eventually come home to fine him in a dark corner, curled up rocking, and muttering incoherently to himself. So I do all the heavy lifting with these things. I just didn't realize that I had to add one more to my list...
So, I open the package to find a DVD. Madison's name is plastered all over it proudly stating that this is her Swan Lake performance. Awesome...it finally arrived after months of waiting. The only problem is Madison does not do ballet. She hasn't since she was 4yo. No, Ava is the one who does ballet and had a Swan Lake performance that is captured on this professional quality DVD to keep your memories preserved well into the senile years. Apparently, those years are coming sooner for Daniel than they are for me because he clearly can't tell his kids apart when asked to do things like fill out an order form for only one of his daughter's.
I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. This is a man that often mistakes their names. I suppose having four daughters does make it difficult to distinguish between them. I mean, he is only their father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Hahahaha! This cracks me up so much.
ReplyDeletelmbo!
ReplyDelete