Monday, November 2, 2009

All dressed up!

I am so proud of myself. I received a sewing machine for my birthday and picked up like I have always been sewing. I made a precious little pillow case dress for Violet this week. The plan was to have her wear it to a wedding yesterday, but we actually ended up leaving her along with her sisters at my parents' house since she insists on running all over the place now that she is walking.

I think it turned out pretty well for not having any pattern or real instruction to go off. I pretty much guessed at it all, and it worked. My plan is to make similar dresses for Christmas in a black and white picnic damask for the girls to wear with black turtle necks underneath. I think I will actually need a pattern for the bigger girl sizes, though.

Here is the completed dress!

1 comment:

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.