Monday, July 30, 2007

Small incident, big deal


We had Madison's 9th birthday party on Saturday. It was the first party that we have hosted in our home. She had a spa slumber party. Ava was so excited to have a house full of big girls to run around with everywhere. She was trying so hard to keep up with them and act maturely. We had had a big conversation about acting like a big girl earlier that day, and she wasn't letting anyone down.

While we were in the middle of all the spa treatments with the older girls, Ava was patiently waiting and watching the entire scene. I guess she got too into it because she had a small poo-poo accident. This isn't highly unusual for her, but it has been a while since this had happened. She typically isn't too upset about it. She will just ask me for new panties.

However, this time was very different. Ava came up to me and whispered that "it just came out". I asked her what she was talking about, but she would only discreetly point to her bottom. I immediately understood what she was talking about, but I felt terrible because she was embarrassed for the first time in her life. The sad look of disappointment on her face was heartbreaking. I just wanted to scoop her up and hug it all away. I didn't though to keep her oops quiet from the older girls there. We just excused ourselves for a minute and cleaned up what turned out to be a tiny accident.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I totally relate. I wanted to hug her while I was reading it! Great party idea, btw...I think my boys would kill me if I tried it, but thats what I get for having boys. miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.