Sunday entailed a girls' morning out shopping trip to Claire's Boutique to pick out a bunch of new earrings. I especially liked her choice of cupcake earrings. Monday was spent entertaining her, her friends, and the little ones at the pool.
Tuesday, I decided to throw Madison a surprise Webkinz birthday party for her and two of her neighborhood friends. I made my first birthday cake for this occasion. It was inspired by the Wheel of Wow on the site. I also set up a craft for them to make a Starburst Cloud bed for their Webkinz to sleep on. We bought an outfit for each girl to dress their animal in as their goodie bag. Boy, did that go over well.
Wednesday, Madison spent the afternoon out with Daniel. They went to Candylicious to stock up on her stash. Then, they hit the Astros game where Daniel got club level tickets for them. They actually ran into a friend that was there with his daughter and was moved from the nosebleed section to the awesome leather lazy boy chairs they have on the club level. Apparently, the girls spent most of their time laying out there watching the game on the tv sets they have attached to them. No, she really isn't spoiled at all. LOL
Thursday was her actual birthday. She had spent the night at a friend's house that night, so she came home to her birthday spankings and gifts. Nothing big on gifts this year from us since we had made it a birthday week celebration for her. Now, she did go out with her mother to dinner where she was given a cell phone. Just what every 10 year old needs. *eyes rolling* She is thrilled with it, so I guess that is what matters most. Friday was spent going out to dinner to celebrate with my parents at Red Lobster where Madison had her very own plate of crab legs for the first time.
Overall, it was a great week. We are now in recovery mode from so much activity. Anyone who knows our family understands how very active this is for us. It may take us a few weeks to fully recover.






Wonder how long that cell phone is going to last.... We do remember the "I told you to limit the minutes," conversation?? But NOT YOUR PROBLEM!
ReplyDeleteWow, she looks a lot older with the new hair! Her dad must be freaking out! And my little sisters are always going on about their webkinz. It must be a national craze.
ReplyDeleteOh, it is more than a craze in our house. I think it is an infestation. I swear, we have over 50 of them between the three girls. It is sick really, but they love them so much.
ReplyDelete