A friend of mine posted a link to this hilarious list of baby products to royally screw up your children. It is one of the funniest list of crack-pot products that I can't believe anyone would think up let alone spend money to own. You can check out the list here. Maybe I could set up a funny baby registry with some of these things.
Now, there is one of the list that seemed pretty cool. Number 10 is a CD for baby lullabies of the band Metallica. While I am NOT a Metallica fan of any kind, it is cool that Rockabye Baby is taking hip grown-up music and turning into peaceful lullabies for baby. It reminds me of the Frazier Chorus' version of The Sex Pistols "Anarchy in the U.K." Sorry, it is a rare version, and I can not find it anywhere for you to hear it.
Anyway, there are a number of CD's I could see buying and loading up into my iPod to play for the baby. It is never too early to start a child's musical education of what is really good music. You would be surprised at all the music they have on their iPods now. They are learning young. Ask my kids what you say at a Ramones show, they know it. They also know that you don't dance to The Clash. All valuable lessons on what will stand the test of time for awesomeness. While I agree that list of baby products will definitely send my kids into early therapy after I catch them torturing the neighbors cat, I think the music is great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






hey girl, I just found out that your having another baby girl, thats awesome. Keep me posted. thanks for the comment.. i am adding you to my blog pep's
ReplyDeleterachel
Don't forget the Cramps. But that may make a child torture an animal, so maybe not.
ReplyDeleteLMAO
ReplyDeleteI do play some of the Cramps for them. You know, the ones that do involve masochism or talk of sex.
I've always let my kids listen to all sorts of music, usually what I like the most.
ReplyDeleteI wore headphones on my belly for short periods of time when I was pregnant too.
ok, so I read this blog a couple days ago and now I can NOT stop thinking about the creepy hands!!! EW! Are they serious?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteJust make sure you balance out the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana with some good stuff.
ReplyDeleteHands down, my favorite quite time, baby music is Renee & Jeremy, which I believe you told me about.