The next morning, Ava woke up all excited to find her treasure. Only problem is I have come down sick and passed out before remembering to make the switch. Ava came downstairs all confused as to why her tooth was still sitting in the glass and there was no money in its place. I had to think quickly. Um...think. I told her because she lost it so late at night, the tooth fairy didn't have time to make it to our house. She bought it. Whew...
So, she spent a good hour yesterday morning making the perfect card for the tooth fairy to let her know she was not mad about not getting anything that night. She set it up standing right next to the glass of water holding her tooth. Beautiful... I was sure to be on top of it that night.
Come morning, I wake up and jump in the shower. The hot water ran over my face as I attempted to wake up. CRAP!!! I had forgotten to make the switch AGAIN. I ran out of the shower dripping wet, my newly dyed hair dripping all along the floor as I ran to see if she was awake yet. I heard her dancing around as I spotted Daniel on the computer and mouthed that I forgot again. He, of course, takes that oppritunity to bust my chops about being the worst mother for forgetting. Apparently, being sick is no excuse. Sadly, I have to agree.
I made my way back to the shower hoping she didn't notice since she was awake and had not been downstairs in tears. I get back in the shower and close my eyes only to hear her sad little voice, "Mommy...the tooth fairy didn't come again.". I played dumb. I asked her why she thought she didn't. Thankfully, Ava has a vivid imagination and came up with about ten different scenarios as to why she wouldn't. She was on a vacation, she was sick, she didn't know, etc...
Clearly, I felt awful and set out to make it right. I had Daniel distract the kids with breakfast (not a difficult thing if you know my kids and food) while I typed up a letter from the tooth fairy on official tooth fairy stationary. I managed to make the switch as Daniel loaded the kids into the car to go to dance class. Ava was thrilled to make her discovery when she came home, and the letter explained it all.






I cannot believe she has lost three teeth already! Sounds like you ('eh....the tooth fairy) has managed to smooth things over.
ReplyDeleteI am oh so glad Jill figured out the tooth fairy before tooth number two was already loose. Even so, she still demanded a treat, and I managed to forget on THREE different occassions. The good part about a kid who is already in on it is they just call you out in the morning. "Hey Mom, I need you to come put my dollar under my pillow!"
ReplyDelete