I was hit with Leila's lovely stomach bug from the weekend yesterday. Of course, this hits me just when Daniel is having to work waaaaay more than normal with a new restaurant opening and having to set up their wine list. This means that he has been gone all days for the past week. By all day, I seriously mean that he is gone from the time I get up until well after I am asleep. I have been in single parent mode. Obviously so not the time I want to be getting knocked down with a nasty bug. My mom came to rescue last night for the worst of it, but I was on my own today.
Thankfully, my girls have taken pity on me and been relatively well behaved. I didn't even need the tv to babysit them. I printed off a ton of coloring pages and worksheets to keep them in school heaven all afternoon. The kitchen table is a disaster area at the moment, but that is a small price to pay.
It is times like this, though, when I think about how fortunate I am to have my girls. They are pretty spectacular in my book. Even when I am feeling my worst, they are able to make me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Shucks, hope you feel better soon :)
ReplyDeleteI swear this is the best way to get Jill to behave. "Hey Jill, Mommy really needs your help." That is all it takes. She switches into super helper mode, and is an angel all day. I almost consider playing sick just to get her to behave all the time!
ReplyDeleteAnd why is it that the hubbies (soon-to-be's) get swamped the minute we need them? I think they plan it!