Remember that line from My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Her father's cure for everything that ails you is to douse it in Windex. That is how I feel about breast milk. I swear, it is miraculous stuff. Gotta cut? Put some breast milk on it. Came down with pink eye? Put some breast milk on it.
It worked this morning when Violet woke up at 5am all congested with what I assume is this stupid cold we are all coming down with. So, I promptly sat her in the football hold, shot milk up her nose, and waited a few minutes before suctioning out all the mucus that came up. Et voila-- stuffy nose gone!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






My mom totally believes that theory. She's a lactation consultant and Bradley birthing instructor.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm such a ditz! They called Ricks Baby Bjorn the rubber boobie, not third boobie. But it's still just as funny.
Oh man, I really do miss breastmilk!
ReplyDeleteThat slightly disgusts me. Not because I don't agree. But something about breast milk (or really any milk) and mucus mixed together makes me want to barf.
ReplyDeleteAnd you know, I think breastfeeding saved Emmi. But I won't go all soap box on you, as if I need to tell you how good it is!