Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh, the DRAMA!!!!

Ask anyone who has a girl, especially those that also have a boy, and they will almost always tell you that girls are so dramatic. Lately, I have been experiencing this to the max. Funny, with four girls in this house, you would assume it is off the hook with drama here. It isn't that bad normally, though. I mean, do you think we would have continued having them if it was.

Well, I think Ava has been giving Leila some drama lessons recently, but has us mostly rolling in laughter than stressed out. For example, Leila will do something like, oh... I don't know, breathe the same air as Ava. This will inevitably send Ava into a high pitched wailing about her air being taken without asking. Leila will then retaliate against the tattling by pushing Ava aside to get her side of the story across because, you know, she just has to breathe, too. As we are separating the two of them to their opposing corners of the ring, Ava will just go sit and wail as loud as she can. Leila witnessing this will have to out do her by wailing her loudest and then repeatedly smacking her legs with her hands in that exasperated manner with a distinct HUMPH.

My goodness...the competitiveness of the two of them at such young ages has me pretty worried. Our current amusement of this behavior is really all we can do besides sit and cry in frustration. I think I am going to have to reread the book, Siblings Without Rivalry, soon.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sorry, I had to get that out.

3 comments:

  1. I think I may need to look for that book. Rick and his brother still rival and their in their 30s! No way I'm letting my boys be like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...do you want our boys for awhile? Around here it is a non-stop all out wrestling match. Seriously, I have no idea how we have not ended up in the ER (knocks on wood).

    ...to your corners Ava and Leila! Before you know it little Miss Violet will be in the ring too;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drama, drama, drama! LOL! That bond btwn sisters is somethin' else sometimes. I have to laugh when I see that sort of thing going on btwn the girls b/c most of the time I recognize things that use to happen btwn my sisters and me!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in hearing what my readers have to say. Don't be shy, let me hear from you.